“Now the Angel of the Lord came and sat under the terebinth tree, which was in Ophrah, which belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, while his son Gideon threshed wheat in the winepress, in order to hide it from the Midianites. And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, “The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!” Gideon said to Him, “O my lord if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us? And where are all His miracles which our fathers told us about, saying, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up from Egypt?’ But now the LORD has forsaken us and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.” Then the LORD turned to him and said, “Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?” So, he said to Him, “O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed, my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.” And the Lord said to him, “Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man” (Judges 6:11-16, NKJV).
I welcome you to the last month of the year of Double Portion. I know you have a testimony, and we can all truly say, “I have been blessed and I have a testimony by the Lord.” His grace, favor, blessing, and mercies that are new every day are evident daily (Lamentations 3:22-23). The God of Israel shall crown the year with His goodness, and your paths drip with abundance, in Jesus’ Name (Psalms 65:11).
As the year winds to a close, many are still trusting God for divine intervention so that God can reposition them to fulfill their heavenly mandate just like Gideon. In Judges 6:14, God told Gideon that, “…you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites…” I pray for you that as Gideon experienced a divine turnaround by the visit of the “angel of the LORD,” you shall experience the same. It is written in Isaiah 58:11 that “…the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.”
I prophesy that every agent of affliction, ill health, sorrow, stagnation, frustration, depression, and backwardness will depart from you and from your home. Then, you shall begin to impact your generation for Christ, in Jesus’ Name. You will live a fulfilled destiny and our God shall provide you with everything that will make life comfortable for you. He shall deliver into your hands the divine keys of joy, grace, favor, and superb breakthrough in all your endeavors, in Jesus’ mighty Name.
From the story in Judges 6:11-16, we see that Gideon was hiding his hard-earned crops from the Midianites. However, four major things happened to Gideon to bring about a divine turnaround which repositioned him as a savior to his people (Obadiah 1:20-21).
The four things that happened are captured by the word “DARE.” Synonyms of the word dare are provoke, challenge, defy, and urge. For the purposes of our discussion, D.A.R.E. is an acronym that stands for Divine Intervention, Altar Built, Revoke Strongholds, and Expressed Identity. The promises of God for you this month are encapsulated in Psalms 65:11 and Joel 3:18, which say, “Thou crowns the year with goodness, and thy paths drop fatness… And it shall come to pass in that day that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters…”
The elements of the acronym D.A.R.E. describe the following:
- Divine Intervention: Judges 6:12 says, “And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valor.” When the angel of the LORD appeared, suddenly, solutions and answers to prayers came, and frustration, weeping, and despondency in the wilderness ended. Those whose breakthroughs can no longer wait want God to suddenly arise for them. If indeed you need a divine breakthrough, you must pray violent prayers. I pray for you today that God will show up in your situation, in Jesus’ Name. The day that began with no hope and no future receives hope and future. I am rejoicing with you that the tide has finally turned. Hallelujah!!! I decree a season of result, open heavens, and open doors for you, in Jesus’ Name!
- Altar Built: “So Israel was greatly impoverished because of the Midianites and the children of Israel cried out to the LORD…. So, Gideon built an altar there to the Lord; and called it The-Lord-Is-Peace. To this day it is still in Ophrah of the Abiezrites” (Judges 6:6,24). Psalms 34:17 says that the LORD hears and delivers the righteous from all their troubles when they cry out to Him.
An altar is a meeting place between men and spirits and from which power can be drawn from the altar. In both Exodus 20:24 and Leviticus 6:12, the altar is described as a place of continuous communion, fellowship, and prayer with God. A place of God’s Presence where issues are settled. The enemy always knows when God’s Presence is with you. The altar in your life ensures your victory, joy, wealth, good health, peace, and your faith in God (Genesis 26:26-33; Mark 9:23).
Altars speak and can therefore afflict or bless depending on whether it is a satanic altar or a holy altar unto the LORD. This is clearly depicted in the lives of Ahaz and his son Hezekiah in 2 Chronicles 28 and 29 respectively. Every altar generates a peculiar anointing (power appointed to it) that brings a covering over the land or community to which it belongs. There are personal altars, family altars, and congregational altars.
- Revoke Strongholds: When a pattern of evil passes from one generation to the next, God calls it a stronghold. God desires that we be free from them, which is why a divine intervention will require the building of an altar to destroy existing strongholds. Judges 6:25-26 says, “And it came to pass the same night, that the LORD said unto him, Take thy father’s young bullock, even the second bullock of seven years old, and throw down the altar of Baal that thy father hath, and cut down the grove that is by it:And build an altar unto the LORD thy God upon the top of this rock, in the ordered place, and take the second bullock, and offer a burnt sacrifice with the wood of the grove which thou shalt cut down.” The strongholds of sin, fear, and blood alliances/family connections must be annulled, canceled, and invalidated (2 Corinthians 5:17; 2 Timothy 1:7; 2 Corinthians 10:4).
- Expressed Identity: Judges 6:12,13,34 say, “And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. And Gideon said unto him, oh! my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us?… But the Spirit of the LORD came upon Gideon, and he blew a trumpet, and Abiezer was gathered after him.”
Regeneration is the new creation of spiritual life. It begins when a person affirms the truth and intends to live according to it. Each time we positively turn our minds to the LORD’s way, a new beginning occurs. “I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight” (Isaiah 42:16).
Galatians 3:29 says, “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” This means that your identity is settled in Christ. Therefore, you have the responsibility to affirm your position as a new creature, a peculiar treasure, etc. (1 Peter 2:9).
You need to take the battle to the gates of the enemy. If the physical seed of Abraham (Israel) does not lose battles, you also as a spiritual Israelite must not lose any battle (Genesis 22:17). You have the Abrahamic genes of victory inside of you. Today, those genes will be activated, and you will begin your journey to regular victory in all your battles, in Jesus’ Name.
To enter the Promised Land and the rest of the LORD to have a new beginning, we must begin to DARE. We must begin to live a life full of hope and expectation. We must victoriously overcome our past to embrace the new identity Christ has for us. As we get ready for a year of repositioning, you must pray for a divine turnaround.
You must have a divine intervention to operate from your newly built altar (command center). From there, you revoke every stronghold of the devil knowing whose son you are. The joy of the LORD has given you victory today (Isaiah 43:19). I see everything turning around in your life, family, church, ministry, and nation for your good, in Jesus’ Name.
- LORD, I praise You for Your mercy and steadfast love toward me that never ceases(Lamentations 3:22-23).
- I refuse to remain where I was last year. LORD, stir up my spirit man, engage me and activate my potential to the maximum, in Jesus’ Name.
- LORD Jesus, I thank You for the new covenant altar available to me through Your Blood. An altar of purity, holiness, and right living (Hebrews 1:9).
- I pray that this altar will speak promotion, favor, and protection over me in place of the afflictions, distress, and pain of the past, in Jesus’ Name.
- I decree that every tree of failure in my family experiences a supernatural death now, in the Name of Jesus. Instead, breakthroughs that defy explanation will begin to manifest in my life and in my family henceforth, in Jesus’ Name.
- By the blood of Jesus, I destroy every satanic stronghold in my ancestry. I decree that every Prince of Persia assigned to my lineage be destroyed by fire now, in the Name of Jesus (Ezekiel 21:27).
- I activate the Abrahamic genes within me, to operation so that wherever I go, I will always have the upper hand, in Jesus’ Name.
- I receive the discipline for a more fervent life of worship, prayer, fasting, and fellowship with the LORD, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, have compassion on me and be gracious to me, have respect unto my prayer because of Jesus (2 Kings 13:23).